Meara Platt
HomeAboutBooksBlogMediaContact











Thursday, November 26, 2015

Black Friday Book Bonanza Hop



The Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade marks the start of the holiday shopping season and there is nothing as beautiful as bustling New York City during the holidays. Glittering lights start to go up everywhere and store windows transform into magical wonderlands for children of all ages to enjoy. In the early 1900s genteel families walked along Sixth Avenue in Chelsea district, then also known as Ladies Mile, and stopped to browse in department stores that offered enticing fashions of the day. Even though our Black Friday is not quite as genteel, okay it's a frantic madhouse, but as we push and shove our way to special deals or cash websites offering merchandise at ridiculously low prices, there is still nothing better than gingerbread houses, decorations, or the smile on children's faces as they unwrap their holiday gifts. Happy (and safe) shopping to one and all!

To enter to win a signed paperback of my bestselling Regency romance, My Fair Lily, come Like and say hello to me on Facebook. Leave me a comment with your favorite Thanksgiving or Black Friday memory. If you're not on Facebook, you can comment right on the blog here.

Santa told me you all were on the Nice List this year, so for free, you can download my exclusive novella, If You Kissed Me. Downloaded here: http://bit.ly/FreeRegencyNovella

Don't forget to hop back and visit the other giveaways. Click below:

 

5 Comments:

At November 28, 2015 at 12:12 AM , Blogger Linda Herold said...

The best part of Thanksgiving for me is our family tradition of going bowling!

 
At November 28, 2015 at 6:22 PM , Blogger Kim said...

My favorite Thanksgiving tradition is dinner with my family

 
At November 28, 2015 at 7:20 PM , Blogger Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

Thanks for participating

 
At November 29, 2015 at 11:57 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

My favorite black Friday shopping trip was the first with my oldest daughter she could not believe the crowds. I liked and said hello on Facebook as Velvet Hubler

 
At November 29, 2015 at 8:05 PM , Blogger SiNn said...

I wouldhave to say my favorite memories for thanksgiving were when my dad would sit at the table and make his homemade stuffing while he told jokes or endless stories about him self as a kid and a n adult ir eally miss those stories now that he is gone

Beverly Gordon
mortalsinnATyahooDOTcom

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home